THE OCHS BULLETIN BOARD
OCHS is now accepting applications for the 2017-18 school year for our new Patten University Campus on 2433 Coolidge Avenue Oakland, CA 94601!
Visit www.enrolloak.org and follow the easy steps below. We look forward to meeting our new students joining OCA next year!
Step1: Visit www.EnrollOak.org
Step 2: Select "Enroll Oakland Charters Application"
Step 3: Sign up for an account
Step 4: Fill out your family profile and select "AMPS-Oakland Charter High School"
Office Hours - Monday-Thursday
Doors Open @ 7:30AM
Campus Closes @ 5:00PM
OCHS Hours - Friday
Doors Open @ 7:30AM
Campus Closes @ 4:00PM
Request transcripts here:
Get involved at OCHS! Join a club or sport today
Home of the Matadors!
Oakland Charter High School’s goal is to provide a sound academic program that will foster essential skills and a strong work ethic to all students. We expect that the skills, ethic, and knowledge gained at OCHS will be carried over to life after high school. Considering the unemployment rate for people who lack a degree or job training, and the correlation between dropout and incarceration rates for minority and low-income groups, it is clear that the stakes are high!
OCHS students are college bound. We provide a college preparatory model and atmosphere for ALL students. We believe that college is the surest path out of poverty and violence for inner-city youth, and therefore our goal is to prepare students for the rigors of college as well as any program that they seek after graduation. Our goal is to be college ready, first!
Awards and Recognition
● Boys Soccer Division B Championship Runner Up, BACSAC (2011)
● Certificate of Excellence for 100% Participation in EAP program (2012)
● Certificate of Recognition from John Hopkins University (2013)
● California Distinguished School Award from the California Department of Education (2013)
● California Distinguished School Award (2013)
● Boys Soccer Division B Champions, BACSAC (2014)
● Girls Soccer Division Runner Up, BACSAC (2014)
● Named one of the “Best High Schools”, Silver level, by US News (2014)
● 100% of our graduates applied to a two-or Four-year university (2014, 2015)
● Oakland City Council Resolution for being ranked among the best-achieving schools in the state and the nation and for providing a quality education to Oakland youth (2014)
● Top Performing Bay Area School for Low-Income Latino Students in English by Innovate Public Schools (2015)
● Top Performing Bay Area School for Low-Income Latino Students in Math by Innovate Public Schools (2015)
● Oakland City Council Resolution for being ranked among the best achieving schools in the state and the nation and for providing a quality education to Oakland youth (2015)
● Interact Certificate of Organization (2015)
● Boys Soccer Division B Champions, BACSAC (2015)